What influence does the following aspects;
- a positive communication culture
- an outdoor learning space
- establishing a connection to nature through deep ecology practices and an indigenous perspective
- self-understanding through reflexive learning
- choice and autonomy to learn in the way a child wants to learn
- democratic processes in project and curriculum establishment
- a focus on emotional and social development over academic achievement
- a connection with community and family involvement with their learning journey
- no grades, tests, assessments
- a child's relationship including attitude, ideas and view to learning and education?
- meeting necessary educational milestones?
- transition to mainstream schools for secondary education?
- transition to alternative schools for secondary education
- ïthe dynamics of the educational space?
- how children view themselves and their achievements?
- a child's educational skills such as innovation, creativity, confidence, self-assurance and sense of compassion?
Other research questions
- When it's not compulsory to come to a learning space, do children choose it? And how does having a choice effect their view of a learning space/school?
- How much involvement does a group of children need from a facilitator when it comes to learning, deciding on a plan for the day, following their curiosities / interests as a group and ensuring that education is still occurring through the play / exploration.
- How do parents experience of Alithia Learning and community influence their
- sense of connection/understanding of their child's development
- parenting techniques,
- sense of empowerment as a parent,
- sense of support from the community,
- sense of respect for their children’s pathway to learning
- Does the educational approach at Alithia Learning lead to parent/children choosing or researching alternative pathways into secondary education?
- How does a connection to the local indigenous culture and sense of spirit in the landscape influence a child's connection to nature, learning and community?
- What is the educational value of ‘play’?
From the Blog
Alithia Learning runs a range of child-led programs designed for 5 to 12 year-olds. The defining characteristics of our programs are positive communication and freedom to learn.
News and events are announced on our social platforms.