Lead Mentor / Educator for “Young Innovators Hub” in Bellingen | Valla
Alithia is looking for someone who thinks outside the box!
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for a lead facilitator/educator/mentor at Alithia Learning.
Four days per week, Tuesday-Friday, during school term, 8.30am-3.30pm.
Contract period: July 2020- June 2021 (plus work in Term 2 for hand-over).
We are seeking long term commitment.
Location: Bellingen, NSW, 2448 (Bellingen in 2020 and moving to Valla in 2021)
Alithia is a registered charity, chaired by volunteers. We are looking for a passionate person to take over the role of head mentor, bringing something new to life. Alithia focuses on the holistic development of the child, creating a therapeutic, supportive and democratic environment in a mixed-age, nature-based, setting. In this unique environment children can access creative, cultural, educational and holistic workshops while being encouraged to help instigate projects, develop ideas together and put them into action. Our workshops are flexible and adaptive to empower children to take ownership of their own journey.
Hours: 8.30am - 3.30pm, plus 1.5 hours from home for each day planning/reviewing.
Days: Tuesday to Friday
Contract rate: $1260 per week neg (ABN). School terms only.
Support: Co-educators at all times (1:10 adult to child minimum ratio).
Summary of Position
Lead facilitator/mentor/educator to facilitate workshops within a democratic learning environment for up to 20 children of mixed ages (6 - 12 years). Lead the planning and development of projects/programs and document the outcomes.
We are ideally looking for a head mentor to run Alithia all four days per week, however we are open to negotiate other part time preferences.
The successful candidate will be offered a professional mentoring opportunity within a paid position in Term 2 2020 as a co-educator prior to commencing the role.
- Ability (or willingness) to work with mixed-age groups (20 children, age 6 - 12 years).
- Abilities or interest in child-led learning and democratic environments.
- Abilities or interest in creative thinking and developing ideas together.
- Abilities or interest in hands-on projects, building, games and creative ways to learn.
- Interest in nature, outdoors and the environment.
- Abilities or aptitude for facilitating neuro-divergence in a nurturing space, that celebrate uniqueness.
- Desire to support innovation and holistic development in our youth.
- Willingness to lead the way with new approaches to learning.
- Willingness to provide or obtain a Working With Children Check and Police Check and follow procedures and protocols within Alithia’s policies on child protection, child safety and occupational health and safety.
- Willingness to attend an unpaid weekend training workshop in June (Saturday and Sunday), 9am-3pm. This will result in a certificate stating you undertook training in “Collaborative Innovation Processes and Positive Psychology Communication”. This is internationally recognised training that will be provided at no cost.
How to Apply:
Email an expression of interest letter, with information about yourself, how you meet the criteria listed above, what qualifications you hold, and your relevant experiences. Please attach your CV. Please include in your application how our philosophies and approach to learning align with your own ethos and attitudes.
Closes: Thursday 9th of April, 5pm (please email to ask about late submissions if you cannot meet this).
Those short-listed will be emailed (or phoned for further information) and asked to attend an interview (this can be done via video conference if you are out of the area). After the interview, we will ask for references and required checks.
Alithia is also seeking to collate a ‘talent pool’ of successful candidates to be employed under future programs (as funding becomes available) and/or to be listed as teaching substitutes.
Contact Phone: Talula Hughes, 0466586089 (email is the preferred method of contact).
Before You Apply:
Please ensure you have read through the website and watched the video: alithialearning.org.au
From the Blog
Alithia Learning runs a range of child-led programs designed for 5 to 12 year-olds. The defining characteristics of our programs are positive communication and freedom to learn.
News and events are announced on our social platforms.