Mentor, Facilitator or Educator for Young Innovators Hub in Valla.
Alithia is looking for people who think outside the box!
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for a facilitator/educator/mentor to deliver workshops at Alithia. The appointment will be by a 12-month contract for 2-3 days a week.
Contract period: July 2019- June 2020, with an aim for longer term work. We are seeking long term commitment.
Location: Valla, NSW, 2448
Hours: 8.30am - 3.30pm, plus 1.5 hours from home for each day planning/reviewing.
Days: Tuesday, Wednesday (and Thursday on request). During school term only (40 weeks per year).
Contract rate: $35 per hour neg (ABN).
Support: A volunteering parent will act as a co-educator at all times (1:10 adult to child ratio).
Summary of Position:
Lead facilitator/mentor/educator to facilitate workshops within a democratic learning environment for up to 20 children of mixed ages (5 - 12 years). Lead the planning and development of projects/programs and document the outcomes.
- Ability (or willingness) to work with mixed-age groups (20 children, age 6 - 12 years).
- Abilities or interest in child-led learning and democratic environments.
- Abilities or interest in creative thinking and developing ideas together.
- Abilities or interest in hands-on projects, building, games and creative ways to learn.
- Interest in nature, outdoors and the environment.
- Abilities or aptitude for facilitating neuro-divergence in a nurturing space, that celebrate uniqueness.
- Desire to support innovation and holistic development in our youth.
- Willingness to lead the way with new approaches to learning.
- Willingness to provide or obtain a Working With Children Check and Police Check and follow procedures and protocols within Alithia’s policies on child protection, child safety and occupational health and safety.
- Willingness to attend an unpaid weekend training workshop on July 20th and 21st (Saturday and Sunday), 9am-3pm. This will result in a certificate stating you undertook training in “Collaborative Innovation Processes and Positive Psychology Communication”. This is internationally recognised training that will be provided without cost.
How to Apply:
Please ensure you have read through the website and listened to the video: alithialearning.org.au
Please include in your application how our philosophies and approach to learning align with your own ethos and attitudes.
Email an expression of interest, with information about yourself, how you meet the criteria, what qualifications (if any) you hold, and your relevant experiences. Please attach your CV.
You will then be emailed a reply (or phoned for further information) and asked to attend at interview in Valla on Saturday 4th May (this can be done via video conference if you are out of the area).
Alithia is also seeking to collate a ‘talent pool’ of successful candidates to be employed under future programs (as funding becomes available) and/or to be listed as teaching substitutes.
Contact Phone: Talula Hughes, 0466586089 (email is the preferred method of contact. See above).
Please submit your expression of interest by April 30th to be short-listed for interviews on May 4th.
The Alithia Learning Space, opening in 2019, will run various workshops for collaborative innovation, holistic development and a range of hands-on activities designed for children aged 5 to 12. This model will be a demonstration of a Young Innovators Hub where children across mixed-ages can access creative, cultural and therapeutic workshops while being encouraged to help instigate projects, develop ideas together and put them into action.
At the core of Alithia is a set of positive communication tools. These techniques create a trusting space where people feel accepted and supported. Within this non-judgemental environment, participants can be who they are. A child’s mind can remain open and engaged.
When you explore, discover and enjoy, you truly grow - you deeply understand concepts. We understand that every individual has a unique way of learning and of approaching the world. Our workshops are flexible and adaptive to empower children to take ownership of their own journey.
From the Blog
Alithia Learning runs a range of child-led programs designed for 5 to 12 year-olds. The defining characteristics of our programs are positive communication and freedom to learn.
News and events are announced on our social platforms.